Skip to main content

A year ago today

  A year ago today I was having a really bad day.  I know this because my memories on Facebook popped up to remind me.  Thanks facebook.  But no, seriously I'm glad they did.  Although life isn't exactly where we want it right now, it's not bad either.   And it reminded me that things are only temporary, and bad days will pass and you will have more good ones.  Life goes on.  But i wanna tell you a little bit about a year ago today.

  December 1st 2017 was one of the SCARIEST days of my life.  My cousin Sydney and I were sitting in my sun room doing our hair and make-up,  chatting it up, when my dogs came up to the door (they were outside going potty) and Sydney noticed kujo was shaking really bad, so I went to check on Karma and she was way worse.  She couldn't even stand up! She kept twitching and falling down like she was having a seizure, couldn't keep her eyes open.  Kujo was bad too, but karma was way worse.  Jared pulled in, and we RUSHED them to mount orab  vets office.  Luckily I use to volunteer there and they took them because they were closing down for the night.   They put them on IVS for the night, and we went home.  Scared to death that they were going to die, and we would have to go on without them. The thought brought me to tears.  We were so worried,  and so we prayed.

  That same night after we get home I got a text from my boss to listen to my voicemail.   The voicemail was telling me that I was being terminated.  Thats it.  No explanation, nothing.   So very unprofessional.  I called to ask her why,  and she gave me a bunch of "BS" reasons of to why i wasn't a good fit.  None of which were true, except one.  I didn't connect with the other girls.  The other girls who spent nap time gossiping about the other teachers.   No I didn't connect with them, I don't enjoy putting other people down.  I was really upset that night and honestly, down right angry.  

  The next day we went to pick up our puppies.   They were doing better.  Very sleepy but not ill.  Thank God.  (The reason they were sick is because they were poisoned)

   Today they are two happy and healthy pups.  ❤
And i have a job interview on Monday; not sure how it will go, but hopefully well.  I'm enrolled in college to become a nurse, we are buying our own house.  Life is good. 

  So next time you are having a day to where the world feels like it might end.  You are ready to shut down,  and just give up.  You can't handle another second! Please don't do anything drastic.   Will it matter In a year? Could things change a million times for the better? You won't know if you don't give yourself a chance.

Xoxo, megs.

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bitterness with infertility

It can be hard.  Really really hard.  Most days are fine.  You can cope with your childless void, and exist in every day life with a smile and truly be happy for your friends and family with children.  With pregnancy announcements and baby showers.  Most days I'm happy for them.  Excited with them even.    BUT then there are the days I miss my period.  I'll go months being completely regular and then out of no where I miss.  For no reason.  I wait a week after i miss my period to take a pregnancy test, just to be safe to make sure af doesn't show her ugly stupid face.  I imagine myself telling jared we are pregnant, us telling our parents, doing a gender reveal,  having a baby shower,  ultrasounds, heck I even picture myself with a big ole pregnant belly.   But the catch? Test is always negative.  I'm never pregnant,  even when i miss.  Never.  It's just a sick game my body plays with my head that ends with me being dissappinted, upset, and angry every time it happ

Advice to new home health aides

  Home Health Aide/ HHA, Personal Care Aide/ PCA.  That's what i am.  That's what i do.  It's a job that I continue to find my way back to.    Being a home health care provider is not an easy job, but it's a rewarding one.   Don't get me wrong, you'll have easy clients.  The ones that just want to sit and chat,  or watch movies,  or bake, or make crafts, or play cards, etc.   And the memories you make are amazing.  Your client becomes apart of your family,  and you apart of there's.   They make your time at work incredibly enjoyable and you are so so very thankful for your job.  And for them.  These clients are so appreciative of you, and everything you do.  They treat you with respect and love.  And you just enjoy working for them,  and they enjoy your company. You'll also have some difficult clients.   The ones who feel their way is the only way and they will ride a stick up your behind until you do it exactly how they want it done ( no, not literall

A letter to the girl I was 5 years ago

  Sometimes it doesn't feel like it's been 5 years.  15 doesn't seem that far off.   But that's how life is.... time passes us by,  things change, and life goes on.  15 was a crazy year, huh? There Was bad,  and there was good.   I can still remember that year like it was yesterday.  I'm sure I'll never forget it, as that year was a very impactful year for me.  I turned 15 on January 28th 2013.  The beginning of that year was pretty normal for me.  I was a freshman at Eastern High School, Skinny,  Pretty,  Carefree, Lots of friends,  but tender hearted and naive.   I went to parties frequently (that my parents had no idea about) and I was pretty much your typical average teenage  girl.  Until my best friend since middle school betrayed me and all of my secrets.  I was embarrassed, I was alone, and suicidal.   I ended up enrolling in Ecot for homeschooling because I was just so depressed.  I did good with Ecot for a while, but i missed having friends... So I s